Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Birmingham convention was QUALITY!!
05-24-2009, 10:38 AM,
Birmingham convention was QUALITY!!
Just a quick 1 to say that the convention was so worth going to and in future I would say anyone should go, especially newbies like me!!!! The cut in was class by Debbie (she fine!) and good to speak to everyone, what you can say in 10 mins would take a week to type on here, J-rob must of been asked the same question again and again and aga........ you gfet my point!! Thanks again, best money I EVER SPENT!!!!
05-24-2009, 11:42 AM,
Re: Birmingham convention was QUALITY!!
I totally agree. Came with the intention just to watch / to make some measurements but was the 3rd (?) person on the chair.

What a team...

Debbie - I wonder, how you make it, it`s not the technical skills alone, there`s something more that makes us overcome our
shyness & just relax and let it happen. Thank you.

Best regards
Carsten (currently in Coventry Pool Meadow Station waiting for departure, thanks BA for even bringing me there)
05-24-2009, 06:41 PM,
Couldnt agree with you both more! What a great experience to meet a bunch of guys with the same hair issues as myself and in such a friendly open forum. The amount of info I took in and visually what I saw will help me no end with this hair wearing thing, I cannot say how important something like these conventions are for new hair wearers.

Big shout to Martin and Joanne for coming and providing some great info and well done to Carsten who just went for it and got it done on the day (amongst others) it looked great man and good luck at work next week , I know your misses is gonna love it (even if you do look like your brother now lol).

I cannot remember everyones name who I spoke to on the day so apologies for that, but it was a pleasure to meet you all and I had a great day

Finally many thanks to BA, Debbie and JRob for putting this on a giving us so much info (oh and the blue max samples) cheers guys Big Grin
05-24-2009, 08:24 PM,
I only told me best mates I was having it done and they were great, the rest of my mates who I'm not so close couldnt figure it out, they were sure I'd just got bigger from the gym!!!! Went out last night was first up on the dance floor, felt GGOOOODD!!! Was up when My mum and her fella got home and he now wants to get one!!! It could help so many people if only it was more well known and not looked at as a donald trump rug!!!!!!

Thanks again and was good to meet everyone there.
05-24-2009, 08:44 PM,
I have to write, what just happened to me: no problem with my old (bald) foto on my passport in London (several checks), just let me pass.

As I landed in Bratislava 50 minutes ago I waited till all other travelers have passed the customers officer.
Then I went - a lady with a "communistic" draconic view (even decades after the iron curtain...a little remains)
stared on my passport & asked about the foto.

I said, it`s an old one & that I liked that 12 Monkeys style at that time.
Now very rigorous: She wants me to show all other ID cards I have with me ( but as I liked that foto, it`s on all cards the same)
She did not believe me, that that was me. So, I told her what I did in the UK.

Her face became uncertain - she could not believe it.

Then I "attacked" her with a charming "weapon" ):
I asked her in that special moment (her eyes were still unning up and down, checking my Passport, checking my style, comparing the faces)
"IF SHE LIKES IT,IF SHE FINDS IT BEAUTIFUL...". Uncertainness overall, she still could not believe but realized slowly that she was wrong in
suspecting me in what ever ( and her answer to my question was a shy spoken YES) And guess what: now she smiled ( a slovakian customs officer !!! )
and we talked a while, looked on photos from my notebook with the baldy "style" I weard just a few days before.

This situation is not yet implemented in any training module for customs officers.

Any other similar stories ? Peter - be prepared.
Carsten
05-24-2009, 09:12 PM,
tunners Wrote:I only told me best mates I was having it done and they were great, the rest of my mates who I'm not so close couldnt figure it out, they were sure I'd just got bigger from the gym!!!! Went out last night was first up on the dance floor, felt GGOOOODD!!! Was up when My mum and her fella got home and he now wants to get one!!! It could help so many people if only it was more well known and not looked at as a donald trump rug!!!!!!

Thanks again and was good to meet everyone there.

happy everything went ok . was wondering how ya mum would be . your hair looked great m8
hope you had a good time on your trip its a great city and state......
05-24-2009, 11:18 PM,
Carsten Wrote:I have to write, what just happened to me: no problem with my old (bald) foto on my passport in London (several checks), just let me pass.

As I landed in Bratislava 50 minutes ago I waited till all other travelers have passed the customers officer.
Then I went - a lady with a "communistic" draconic view (even decades after the iron curtain...a little remains)
stared on my passport & asked about the foto.

I said, it`s an old one & that I liked that 12 Monkeys style at that time.
Now very rigorous: She wants me to show all other ID cards I have with me ( but as I liked that foto, it`s on all cards the same)
She did not believe me, that that was me. So, I told her what I did in the UK.

Her face became uncertain - she could not believe it.

Then I "attacked" her with a charming "weapon" ):
I asked her in that special moment (her eyes were still unning up and down, checking my Passport, checking my style, comparing the faces)
"IF SHE LIKES IT,IF SHE FINDS IT BEAUTIFUL...". Uncertainness overall, she still could not believe but realized slowly that she was wrong in
suspecting me in what ever ( and her answer to my question was a shy spoken YES) And guess what: now she smiled ( a slovakian customs officer !!! )
and we talked a while, looked on photos from my notebook with the baldy "style" I weard just a few days before.

This situation is not yet implemented in any training module for customs officers.

Any other similar stories ? Peter - be prepared.
Carsten

carsten

your hair was awsome made you look 10 years younger ,
05-25-2009, 12:50 AM,
Great to hear the good news stories guys, Carsten I told you you were gonna problems it just looked too good man Confusedhock:
05-25-2009, 03:30 AM,
Thank you to everyone who answered my questions, although I've forgotten most peoples names! So it would be good to be reminded again. (I was the guy wearing a white hat) It was an informative day, and seeing the cut ins and transformations was great. I wish I had a piece ready to be cut in by Debbie, as she did a great job on everyone.

BA you are a top bloke, thanks for the advice on the bases,hair densities and also the food! Big Grin . And cheers JRob for the Bluemax sample's, I'm looking forward to trying it out.
05-25-2009, 03:50 AM,
random I know but I cant remember everyones name either just faces and theres no faces on here!!!! Sparten were you the guy with the white beenie hat? Or the chat in the white cap standing by the door???